Cloverfox Connemara is the oldest hostelry in Letterfrack. Formerly a Pub, Post Office and Grocer, today it is a Traditional Pub, Seafood Bar and Restaurant, Holiday Hostel and Irish Art and Crafts Shop.
Open fires and stoves, warm welcomes, cold pints and hot whiskeys await old friends and new after a long journey or a walk in the Park.
We take reservations for private parties, functions, celebrations for groups up to 200 people.
Cloverfox Connemara is a North Connemara institution, with a simple ethos.
- Buy fresh. Buy local. Buy often. From people you trust.
- Keep it simple. Prepare Daily. Cook to Order.
- Try something new every day. And have fun.
In today’s modern, corporate world this would be called a Mission Statement. It is just the way we have always worked. Our ethos. And it always works. So I suppose you could say we invented the Mission Statement.
See some of our local suppliers below:
- Smoked Atlantic Organic Seafoods by Connemara Seafoods, 20km.
- Burren Smokehouse, 60km and Connemara Smokehouse,12km.
- Oysters harvested by David Keane from Ballynakill Bay, 1km.
- Mussels Clams and Razorfish from Kate O Connor at Killary Fjord Shellfish, 8km.
- Fresh Fish delivered daily from the pier at Renvyle or Cleggan, 5km.
- Fresh Vegetables and Organic Salads from Glynns of Carnmore.
- Wild Organic Honey from Anthony Coyne in Renvyle, 3km.
- Irish Farmhouse Cheese from Cais na Tire, Cashel and St Tola.
- Connemara Mountain fed Sea Breeze Lamb fattened on Mountain Heather.
- Grass fed Prime Irish Hereford Steaks, fully traceable from Fork to Farm.
- Crab Meat, Crab Claws and Scallops from The Renvyle Peninsula, 2km.
- Traditional Irish Puddings and Smoked and Air Dried Meats from James McGeough of Connemara Fine Foods in Oughterard, 30km.
- And local catch delivered daily to our Kitchen Door.
Perfectly located in the heart of breathtaking Connemara
Warm West of Ireland Welcome
Sumptuous fresh food